Re: [TR] Stag quit at speed

To: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Stag quit at speed
From: "Lee&John Howard" <leejohn7@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2016 13:46:05 -0700
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>

--94eb2c03c0decb4daf053a86e9dc

Thanks all

But does a bad battery explain the car quitting going 65 after being on the
road for 15 minutes?  Not to mention that the battery is less than 6 months
old, and hardly driven at all.

John

On Sat, Aug 20, 2016 at 12:05 PM, <tr3driver@ca.rr.com> wrote:

> The stock Stag alternator dies nothing at all at idle. However, a good
> charged battery should be able to carry the entire load for a lot longer
> than 8 minutes. Several hours at least, longer if the headlights are not on.
>
> For example, in 2005 I had the alternator on Stag #1 fail around Palm
> Springs and finished my 2 hour drive home just on the battery. The
> headlights were getting kind of dim by the time i got home, but the engine
> still ran fine.
>
> So I would say more likely you have a bad battery. Possibly just never got
> charged but you said you charged it.
>
> O'Reillys will test your battery for free, probably most others will as
> well. However I've been unhappy with their batteries, so I suggest going
> elsewhere if you need a new one.
>
> -- Randall

--94eb2c03c0decb4daf053a86e9dc

xplain the car quitting going 65 after being on the road for 15 minutes?=C2=
=A0 Not to mention that the battery is less than 6 months old, and hardly d=
iv class=3D"gmail_quote">On Sat, Aug 20, 2016 at 12:05 PM,  <span dir=3D"lt=
r">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tr3driver@ca.rr.com"; target=3D"_blank">tr3driver@c=
=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><p dir=
=3D"ltr">The stock Stag alternator dies nothing at all at idle. However, a =
good charged battery should be able to carry the entire load for a lot long=
er than 8 minutes. Several hours at least, longer if the headlights are not=
 on.</p>
ound Palm Springs and finished my 2 hour drive home just on the battery. Th=
e headlights were getting kind of dim by the time i got home, but the engin=
e still ran fine.</p>
just never got charged but you said you charged it.</p>
 others will as well. However I&#39;ve been unhappy with their batteries, s=
o I suggest going elsewhere if you need a new one.</p><span class=3D"HOEnZb=
"><font color=3D"#888888">

--94eb2c03c0decb4daf053a86e9dc--

--===============7873090977825030147==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **