Re: [TR] Stag quit at speed

To: "'Lee&John Howard'" <leejohn7@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Stag quit at speed
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2016 18:08:10 -0700
Cc: 'Triumphs' <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> But does a bad battery explain the car quitting going 65 after being on
> the road for 15 minutes?  Not to mention that the battery is less than 6
> months old, and hardly driven at all.

Sorry, I missed that you were actually doing 65 when it quit.  In that case,
I'd say you also have a bum alternator (or wiring to it, etc.).  But I still
think you've got a battery problem.

Batteries can be ruined in a matter of days by running them totally flat and
leaving them that way.  Had that happen just a couple of months ago in a
non-LBC, to a battery that was only about 4 months old.  I was out of town,
and the wife accidentally left the dome light on.  When she went to start
the car exactly a week later (it has to be moved every Thursday for street
sweeping), the battery wouldn't take a charge.

Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive