Re: what should I do?

To: "6pack list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: what should I do?
From: Peter Macholdt <pmachold@pluto.njcc.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 15:01:44 -0400
Ryan,

Having just spent a lot of time and money on having a "rebuilt" overdrive
(A type) rebuilt, I would suggest the following as a minimum.

1) Drain the fluid from the plug on the main trans body and the overdrive
drain.  Check that the fluid is fairly clean; shavings or bits of metal
are not good.

2) Install the transmission and hook it up but don't install the interior
of the car until you have driven it 100 miles or so.  It is a pain to
remove the trans but more of a pain to remove both the interior and the
trans.

Good luck.

Peter Macholdt
'68 TR250

>six packers,
>      I have been searching for the past year for a
>suitable overdrive tranny for my Tr6 (By suitable I
>really mean cheap!). A couple weeks ago I found my
>overdrive in the form of a 69 TR6 parts car/shattered
>restoration dream. My question is this, what should I
>do to the transmition before I install it in my car. I
>bought new front and rear seals that I will install,
>but I am wondering if it is worth the effort to pull
>off the overdrive to check the condition of the
>countershaft. The car does have 90,000 miles on it,
>but the owner said everything worked fine when he
>stored it.
>                 Thanks in advance,
>                     Ryan Miles

>Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!