Re: Timing and overheating

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Timing and overheating
From: Ed McGuirk <emcguirk@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 18:15:54 -0400
Water Wetter does work but it is not always necessary.

Water Wetter is a surfactant (and lubricant) that causes bubbles from
localized boiling to quickly recondense back into the surrounding water.
Localized boiling would otherwise cause a vapor barrier that would allow
the hot spot to get even hotter.

Race cars can benefit greatly from this because most sanctioning bodies
frown on antifreeze which is very slippery if spilled on the racetrack.

The only problem is that antifreeze already has these surfactants in it.
Many people think Water Wetter is great for all applications. I've even
heard people advised to use Water Wetter in water based cooling systems
that will never see temperatures anywhere near boiling.

It's great stuff but not necessary if you are using antifreeze.

Ed McGuirk