Re: Oil Pressure

To: Walt_Boeninger@hp.com
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure
From: Vsnively@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 17:37:21 EDT
Walt,
  Same is true on my '95 Ranger---the oil pressure needle stays at half-scale
except
when engine is off. Interesting sidenote---my TR6 service manual says that
the oil pressure idiot light extinguishes at 3 to 5 psi. I would think that
by the time that light comes on, it's way too late. Also, I'm a little
baffled by the relief valve setting. The
manual states 53 psi. I have a basic understanding of hydraulics, so how can
oil
pressure indicate above 53 psi if it dumps over the relief ?
  Thanks.
   Vic Snively