RE: Oil Pressure

To: "'KTnKT '" <ktnkt@cape.com>, "'6 Pack '" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Oil Pressure
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 23:39:45 -0400
I am using a very standard 2 1/8" black electric gauge from the auto parts
store. The look is quite different and that kind of irritates me. I have
considered trying to switch the works into my old mechanical unit's housing,
but it could be difficult since the needle action is reversed. However
recently somebody pointed me to www.gaugeguys.com (NFI) and they have a 100
psi smiths available. I am going to start saving my pennies to convert to
that. Sadly it seems that the sender (~$70) is more expensive than the gauge
(~$56). I have no idea if it works with my existing sender, but the laws of
Murphy and Triumph make that seem unlikely.

Cheers,

Mark