oil pressure

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: oil pressure
From: Ryan Miles <rjhmile@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 15:29:28 -0700 (PDT)
Mark and Tim,

    I would also tend to agree that Mark's oil pressure numbers are a little
high. My engine has ~4,000 miles on it and here's what I seem to get.

Cold idle- 65-70

2000 RPM cold --75 to 80 psi (where my pressure relief opens and pressure will
not go any higher)

HOT idle 25 to 30 psi

Hot 1500 to 3500RPM: 60-65psi

Hot above 3500RPM: 75 psi

    These numbers tend to go down a little if I run it really hard, like
autocrossing in 90 degree heat, but my engine is always within the books spec
of 50 to 60 psi at 2000 RPM. I am running Red Line synthetic 10w40 motor oil. I
woldn't be too worried about idle pressures around 20, because I used to have
an engine that would idle with about 5 lbs. of pressure...thats pretty worn
out, but it still didn't knock.

  Ryan Miles