Re: Clutch Bleeding

To: "Mark Wright" <mewright@eznet.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch Bleeding
From: "Michael Lupynec" <mlupynec@globalserve.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 13:27:20 -0400
Start engine in neutral, get the car rolling down an incline or
get a hand push to a few miles per hour, slip it into first gear
and continue motoring slowly, push clutch pedal all the way down
and aggressively hit the accelerator on/off several times. This
has always freed a well stuck clutch for me without too much
excitement.

If your rpms do spin up and you are still not able to shift -
maybe your half inch travel is too close to the minimal side - I'm
now getting about .625 and shifting is pretty good. I have zero
play in the clevis, made sure there is no carpet holding up the
clutch pedal, bent the pedal stop tab to let it go down even a
little further, have a SS clutch line and am using the middle hole
(my shaft lever is pointing slightly rearward at rest but
holding - hopefully welded by the DPO which saves me an engine
pull for now).

Mike L
60A,67E,59Bug,74TR6