RE: Clutch Bleeding

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Clutch Bleeding
From: Mark Wright <mewright@eznet.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 05:00:46 GMT
Well I tried many of the suggestions offered from those who gratefully
responded, but to no avail. I tried many of the ideas to free up a frozen
flywheel and clutch, including - starting in gear, lifting the back end and
starting in 4th and depressing the clutch and brake, or quickly hitting the
starter in 4th. Tim Holbrook noted that the clutch cross shaft arm should
not move easily when the clevis pin is removed from the SC pushrod, but the
arm moves freely back and forth. It seems that the problem is internal to
the clutch fork pin. I'm afraid I'll be getting into the gearbox soon. It's
a good thing I didn't glue down the new carpets yet.

I guess this is what happens when you let any old mechanic work on these
cars when every reference suggests replacing the $10 pin while your in
there. Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll keep everyone posted.

Mark Wright
Fairport, NY