Re: Clutch Bleeding

To: "Bert Van der Stee" <bert.van.der.stee@pandora.be>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch Bleeding
From: "Michael Lupynec" <mlupynec@globalserve.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 23:36:35 -0400
I slipped a memory chip on my holes - I am on the top hole. It is
written to use the middle hole, (the factory setting). The top
hole gives you more clutch plate travel, but requires more
hydraulic pressure - this might translate into a little more wear
and tear on your hydraulic and linkages, and for sure will give
you a slightly heavier pedal.

It seems the TR6 MC bore was originally .75 inches and was reduced
to .70 inches to accommodate complaints from women drivers about
the clutch being to heavy and clutch plate travel was accordingly
reduced to marginal. So another fix is to go to a .75 master.

Mike L
60A,67E,59Bug,74TR6