Re: tips for upcoming uk trip

To: "Peter Zaborski" <plz@shaw.ca>,
Subject: Re: tips for upcoming uk trip
From: "Derek Graham" <derek.graham@ukgateway.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 08:02:01 +0100
Peter,

When in Coventry you must visit the British Museum of Transport which is
right in the middle of the city, it has lots of Triumphs including TR's, the
original sectioned Herald, Italia etc. Gaydon (BMIHT) is about twenty miles
south of Coventry just off the M40 motorway and has quite a few Triumphs as
well as at least a hundred or so other cars on display.  An advance call to
them might be able to arrange to see some of the Triumphs and other cars
that they don't normally display such as the two Broadside prototypes, one
coupe and one convertible, and the TR8 prototype. Email me direct if you
want contact details. It would also be worth contacting the TR Register
whilst you are there. The office is in Didcot, nearOxford, tel 01235 818866.
TS2, the first RHD TR2 is normally kept at the office and they are open
Mondays to Fridays and welcome visitors. They will also be able to give you
contact details for all of the local TR groups which form the TR Register
and depending wherabouts in the UK that you are planning to visit there is
bound to be a meeting that will suit. The Coventry group meet on the first
Thursday of the month and the guy to talk to is Graham Gillespie, tel 02476
348303. He will be able to advise you of places to visit whilst in the
Coventry area.
Hope that this helps.

Regards
Derek Graham