Re: TR-6 Transmission installation

To: "Patrick Bitton" <pbitton@axess.com>, "6pack"
Subject: Re: TR-6 Transmission installation
From: "Ken Davis" <ken.davis@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 09:48:21 -0700
Patrick,

of you've go5t a couple of jack stands, a hydraulic jack, and a helper for
about 15 minutes, I'd say do it yourself.  Yes, you have to gut the
interior, each seat out - about 5 minutes per, the carpets, 45 seconds, the
transmission tunnel, maybe 30 minutes, oh, forgot, the dash thingie around
the stick, maybe 15.  the tranny lifts in thru the passenger side (misses
the steering wheel)  a 2 people job, tho one can - I have - and then
position it as best you can.  put the jack underneath it so you can move it
around easily, move and jiggle, jiggle and move and it should slide right
in.  Helpful hint 1&2 .. use a 6 in  or so long treaded rod - 2 of them, try
and put them in the engine block at about the 11 and 1 o'clock positions.
this helps sliding alignment quite a bit.  also, if you've redone the
clutch, make sure you realign it with the correct spline positions,
otherwise it'll never go in.  Best I've done, soup to nuts, full interior
back in place was about 4 hours or so...

Ken

73 CF7000U0