RE: SPEED

To: "Doug Hofer" <doug@triad.rr.com>, <mocharand5@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: SPEED
From: "Stephen Hanselman" <tr6@kc4sw.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 14:03:40 -0700
Doug,

I had real problems with my GMC van (shifting and such) along with a noisy
speedo.  So I lubed everything with teflon bearing oil and it got worse.
After reading the manual I greased the cable with the proper weight grease
and all the needle bounce (and bad shifting...) went away.

It may be that your cable is "low" on grease and the damping effect it has
is gone.

Of course this is just a WAG

Steve
tr6@kc4sw.com