Fwd: SPEED

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: SPEED
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 05:57:57 -0700 (PDT)
Top speed with stock 3.7 rear end gears, stock tire diameter, stock
gearbox ratios, is about 110 in 4th gear, 135 in 4th with overdrive
engaged.  That's at engine redline, so this is very theoretical.  I
don't think a stock-engined TR6 will pull redline in 4th, and it
DEFINITELY won't in 4th overdrive.  But as long as you've got enough
power to pull redline in top gear, your top speed will be 110 or 135,
no matter how much more horsepower you add.  Any additional horsepower
will just get you there faster!

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6