Re: Commercial Messages

To: jswarth1@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: Re: Commercial Messages
From: Trumpet76TR6@cs.com
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 23:11:40 EDT
   jswarth1@tampabay.rr.com writes:
> The very suggestion that an information list "SHOULD NOT" be used to
> discuss product offerings, old or new, is completely contradictory and
> childish by the intent that is conveyed to the reader. Particularly when
> talking about Triumphs.

   I agree 100%.  As long as someone isn't advertising more than about once
every couple of weeks or advertising something very common that they could get
anywhere it would be a welcome post to me.  The post should say something like
"parts" in the heading so the anal retentives can delete it without reading
it.  I think it would be nice if the major Triumph parts companies announced
sales to the list once in a while.  I belong to an early Bronco list with over
1200 members and about 100 post each day.  People post ads there for custom
bumpers, tire carriers, suspension parts that are not available anywhere else,
Bronco artwork, etc every day.
    If the part has to do with Triumphs, I see no problem with it.
  Ken,  76 TR6,  AZ