Differential Drain Plug

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Differential Drain Plug
From: David Friedlander <forzion@maine.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 19:50:07 -0400
Hello list;

I've been meaning to ask this for some time and I know others have
mentioned it in the past: Having spent wayyy to long looking at and
working on the underside of my '74 TR6 and going through what seems like

every nut, bolt, u-joint, spring, seal and bushing, I considered the
idea of tapping the differential case for a drain plug. Anyone have
thoughts on the matter? It's GOTTA be easier than what Triumph
originally designed for draining/refilling (an articulated siphon??).
Anyone have a picture of one they've installed? Standard drain plug
threading? Located at lower back of rear diff housing?

Thanks for any help/advice.

Dave Friedlander
CF25194UO