Re: Differential Drain Plug

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Differential Drain Plug
From: "steve bridge" <slbridge@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 01:16:48 +0000
Hello All,
Here's a potentially good thread...
  I just bought a TR with the 6 cylinder engine that has sat for 13 years.
It was not stuck, and I am wondering what successes (or failures ) we as a
group have had with bringing these cases back to life without a major
overhaul.  At 87.000 miles, I am hoping that there is hope for the old gal.
  I put a mix of Marvel Mystery oil and Seafoam in the cylinders and now it
is setting, but for how long I wonder.   Having set for a long time is
common to LBCars it seems, so I am looking for favorite ways of doing what I
am doing as I really don't have a lot of first hand experience. I was
thinking I would pour my concoction over the rocker assembly prior to
pulling it down the street in gear with the spark plugs removed.
I bought it at an estate sale along with a 1966 Plymouth Satellite, 383 4
speed car... motor in the identical condition. I would like to get both of
these going without a huge investment.  No, I'm not drunk, not yet.
SD Steve

Service.  Try it FREE for one month!   http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup