Re: Seat reupholstery kit recommendations

To: tr6_1969@hotmail.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Seat reupholstery kit recommendations
From: Mickylong@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 20:39:34 EST
Dave,

When I got my 6 a year ago it came with a seat re-upholstery kit from TRF
that the previous owner didn't get around to installing.  The kit was the vinyl
parts, and foam.  Was missing diaphragms and straps.  Overall, I've been very
happy with the quality.

I guess depending on the current state of wear (or stretch) of the existing
straps they can be re-used.  Removing the back panel of the seat should provide
access to evaluate.  I found re-doing the seat portion fairly easy, using one
seat as the template for the other as it was being restored.  I will say that
the side bolsters on the 72 were a real pain.  I actually had to give up on
this portion and send out to a local restoration shop.  But I think if memory
serves, the 75 used a single slip-on piece for the seatback which should be
much easier than the three-piece kit offered for the 72.

Good luck

Micky Long, Atlanta
72 TR 6