RE: TR6 Front Shock

To: <JDombey@dotcast.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Front Shock
From: "Gary R." <gary@tpartners.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 21:23:14 -0500
My assumption was that he had already unbolted the top shock mount and had
the lower a-arm supported. His problem was that the cross mounts that slide
over the 4 vertical bolts were frozen to them and wouldn't release, and as
one that just finished working mine off I can understand that. You have to
use good penetrating oil and work them off slowly (and evenly). Hopefully if
he was working on this loaded he will see your note..

An FYI for anyone contemplating doing a front end re-bush job check your
lower A-Arm (wishbone) bushing holes out carefully. ALL of mine, thought the
PO slipped a new trunnion and bushings in after the fact, were waaaay out of
round. Thankfully (yeah right, $160 later) they are in stock at TRF..

Gary R.
http://www.icer.net/TR6.html
74 TR6
Woodbury, CT