Re: Crane Electronic Ignition verse Pertronix Electronic

To: "Michael Greene" <m.e.greene@worldnet.att.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Crane Electronic Ignition verse Pertronix Electronic
From: "Terry Geiger" <twgeiger@hiwaay.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 22:48:53 -0600
Michael,

I've run both the Petronix and Crane systems on my car.  I like the petronix
in the fact that it was a very neat installation as all components fit under
the distributor cap.  The untrained eye would not know the car had been
converted until you removed the distributor cap.  The problem with the
petronix was a low RPM stumble that I kept blaming on the carbs.

After much research, I found others had reported the same symptom when
running the petronix ignition.  I converted to the Crane system (check
summit racing, they're much cheaper than any of the big 3) and the stumble
went away.  I don't like the control box mounted on my wheel well but the
car does run wonderfully.

www.summitracing.com

Terry Geiger
'74 TR6 daily driver