Re: sqeaky brakes

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: sqeaky brakes
From: Dave Herrick <shade.tree@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 19:21:57 -0800
I have found that a very common cause for brake squeal and some
squeak to be the trailing edge of the brake pad, where little "hairs"
stick up from the edge and cause a squeak.  The remedy is to remove
the pads and put a slight  bevel on the trailing edge to prevent
these hairs I am referring to.
I'm not a member of your club, in fact I don't even own a Triumph.  I
would like very much to have a TR6 of 1969 through 1973 vintage.  I
have been hanging around the mailing list trying to learn what I
might need to know before I buy one.
Dave
San Jose,  California