RE: Coker Redlines?

To: "'apackard68@comcast.net'" <apackard68@comcast.net>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Coker Redlines?
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pix-cinema.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 08:14:36 -0500
Hi Andy:

I am driving with Coker Classic redlines. These are radial tires (205/75/15)
with 3/8" red lines on the sidewalls. I have been plagued with wheel shimmy
etc. Although I know that I absolutely must get my rims straightened, I was
also told that the tire installers had a time of it as the tires were not
perfectly round and that considerably more than the usual weight was
required to get the wheels balanced.

I have heard of a company called "Diamond" or Diamondback" which is
apparently selling redlined Denmen tires. I gather that the mass opinion is
that these are superior to the Coker product.

As I said, with the state of my rims I would not swear that the tires are
solely to blame, but at this point in time I've got a problem and only money
and wasted time is going to solve it.

Mark Hooper