Re: Engine lift

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine lift
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 08:12:46 -0500
I (we) pulled the TR250 engine and trans a unit. I removed the trans cover.

The car was on 4 normal height jack stands -- nothing unusual. We did
not have one of those engine tilter things -- just the crane and chain.

The body shop guy was under the car and pulled down on the trans tail
and I worked the crane. He had to muscle it, but it came out -- np.

I would say it takes two to do it. If I was alone, I think I would have
to have an engine tilter on the crane, but they are cheap. I have two MG
parts cars and have to pull their engines, so we'll see how it goes by
myself.

FWIW, I picked up an "almost" new foldable 2 ton crane and Lincoln 225
AC tombstone stick welder out of the newspaper for about $250.00. Not a
stunning deal, but OK I guess. I would say watch the newspaper. These
cranes are around. People buy them and use them a few times and then
sell them.

Don Malling