Re: RE: TR6 capability

To: <DANMAS@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: RE: TR6 capability
From: Greg Dito <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 11:40:49 -0500
Very nice, Dan.  Bet there were a few unsuspecting drivers who now know your TR
too well.  I remember a gorgeous black TR4A in the first Atlantic City
Collector Show and Auction back in 1979 or so that had a Ford 289 Cobra.  Very
nice clean swap.  Verrry fast car.

Has anyone ever tried a full blown V8?  Talk about "altered mania".  The very
thought is frightening!  Might be a bit front heavy (just a bit, right?).

Heck, if we're going to talk about outright engine swaps why beat around the
bush?!  How about fitting a Viper V10 in there!!!!  Maybe a bit of chassis and
sheet metal stretch, some suspension and axle mods, fabricate new wheel wells.
Wow!  Maybe LITA's TR6+6 would use this over the Rover V8 they had planned.  Or
maybe someone else's project.  TR10???  TR-ASP???  TRiper?? (nah, sounds too
much like tripe).

This would be one sick, sick puppy.

Sorry, couldn't resist the flash of lunacy as I read this thread.  ;-)

Making do with a straight 6,
Greg Dito
CD6250L