RE:TR6 Capability

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE:TR6 Capability
From: MJSUKEY@cs.com
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 21:53:13 EST
 "Why would anybody bother fixing up a TR6 engine like this? It is so far
from stock that it has no LBC value" Mark, I guess beauty is in the eyes of the
beholder (or something like that) I would tend to disagree with that one. I
would bet a bunch of us would love to have a chance to pop that baby into our
engine compartment.  As far as putting in a new engine with the correct engine
management system, sure that's possible but anybody can do that.  Well, I guess
that's quite a stretch on that one, but my point is that with all the new cars
out there all you have to do is open up a Summit catalog order some bolt on
parts and some "type R" stickers and you become a racer (or ricer:).  One of
the things I enjoy most about my TR6 is getting to tinker and build things to
improve it's performance.  Making it perform better is more of a personal
challenge and when your done you wont find a whole parking lot full of cars
just
like yours.  When you put in all that effort it gives your car some
personality.
IMHO it just doesn't get any better than sitting back and watching a car like
Bob's scream around a course and even though he just cleaned your clock you
know it's something special because you can relate to the effort that went into
making a 30 year old sports car run like that.

No flames intended.
Marty Sukey