Re: Cracked Diff Mount

To: timothy_murray@hotmail.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cracked Diff Mount
From: Acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 00:54:34 -0500
Tim,

I was fortunate in that fellow lister Rick Patton was a life-saver since it was
his garage, his lift, and his equipment that I used to complete the repair.
And lets not forget his assistance also.

He has what he calls a wizard wheel.  This is a compressed air driven small
wheel that I used to grind and cut with.  For the old bracket to come out all
that was needed was to hold the wheel parallel to the cross-member and
carefully slice off each side of the bracket right next to the cross-member,
carefully cutting only the old bracket and leaving the cross-member intact.
Once each side of the old bracket was removed from the cross-member, the whole
stud and what was left of the bracket just fell off since there isn't anything
holding it in at that point.

Let me know if my description is unclear at all and I can try to explain in
greater detail.

Aaron