Re: DOT 3 vs DOT 5

To: kenowens@mchsi.com
Subject: Re: DOT 3 vs DOT 5
From: Btp44@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 13:10:09 EST
Ken-I am not sure if the darkening of the brake fluid is caused by the seals
wearing or alumininum. My own experience with silicone fluid has been very
positive. One car had the same fluid for 10 years without any problems. The
water
absorbing properties of glyclol fluid will cause corrosion problems for cars
that are driven infrequently. As Paul, mentioned, the article on the Buckeye
site is excellent and debunks many of the myths about silicone fluid. However,
I believe that the clutch master cylinder is made of aluminum and the slave
cylinder is cast iron.
Berry Price 71 TR6