RE: Engine knock

To: "Kronberg, Peter" <peter.kronberg@hp.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Engine knock
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 11:59:09 -0800
        Peter:

        For what it's worth, I checked mine with feeler gauges. The
clutch is adequate pressure to force the crank forward.
        To use the feeler gauges, I drop the pan, and slip a feeler
gauge behind the rear thrust bearing. With this technique, you don't
need to lever the crank back and forth and compute a difference. The
downside is that you must drop the pan. Not a problem if you intend to
put in fresh bearings anyway, as I did.

        Cheers,

        Vance