RE: swapping frames--HELP!

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: swapping frames--HELP!
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 07:12:31 -0800
        Mike:

        Get Roger Williams' book and check out the section on the
frame. You didn't mention what year your 'new' frame is, but a later
frame will have most of the trouble spots already reinforced. If you
still have your 74 frame, check out all the gusseting and make
sure your 'new' frame has it too. If it doesn't, there are
gusseting kits from Rimmer, TRF, etc to bring it up to date.
        If you are racing or have a warmed over motor, box in the
differential support brackets. They are very prone to cracking.
Once again, there are kits available to make the job easier.

        Keep us posted.

        Vance

1974 Mimosa Yellow Triumph TR6
Cogito Ergo Zoom