Re: RE: swapping frames--HELP!

To: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>, Gary Fluke
Subject: Re: RE: swapping frames--HELP!
From: Greg Dito <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 11:37:09 -0500
Bob,

This topic dusted off a long forgotten memory.  Actually I believe it has to do
with the shorter steering arms on the 4/4A vertical links versus the longer
TR250/6 arms that connect to the tie rod ends.  The shorter arm lengths make
for the quicker response.  However, I also believe there is a geometry issue
that requires some realigning of the rack.  THe TR4/4A rack sits at a different
position than the 250/6.  This alignment may have to do with the the 'quick
rack' though.  Not sure here.

Greg Dito
CD6250L