Re: Windshield Seal Repair Parts List

To: Acekraut11@aol.com
Subject: Re: Windshield Seal Repair Parts List
From: genehart@att.net
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 17:04:15 +0000
Aaron,

Vicky Brit did a great job shipping it. It came in a large box, with the
windshield sealed in plastic, then a foam mold was blown into the box to
stabilize and set the windshield in place. To make the shipping free, I also
ordered a robbins top that I needed, and some mis. stuff, like nuts and bolts,
etc.. to make the $500 minimum order. The windshield is all clear, with the
Triumph logo in the corner in blue, and some info regarding the glass (lamented
and stuff like that). The windshield is from England, and the off sale price is
something like $145. If you decide to order everything from them, (NFI) it all
looks original, and I thought the quality was top notch. Even the windsheild
capping strip. (Shipped taped to a board so it would not be bent.)

So far I've gotten the seal around the windsheild, but getting it into the
frame looks a lot tougher than using a string on the inside seal. I'm thinking
about bringing it to a glass place to get a little help with installing it. And
I have the silicone, but I'm not sure where exaxctly I should be using it.

I find that I get the stuff like nuts, bolts, seals, cover plates etc. from VB.
For an original piece, or close to it as possible I use TRF, for availability
and quality of certain parts I use MOSS, it depends on what I'm doing, and
who's on sale. I got the main wiring harness, and the rear wiring harness from
Rimmer in England because of a great sale they had and the availability of the
part.

--
Gene Hart
genehart@att.net