Re: Windshield Seal Repair Parts List

To: 6pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Windshield Seal Repair Parts List
From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 12:18:27 -0500
I recently had a glass shop replace my windscreen (no time to do it myself,
plus it was covered by ins). When I asked the shop installer about sealer,
he told me that these windows don't need any sealer. Further, he told me
never to use silicone sealer on good paint or bare metal. According to him,
the acid in the sealer will eventually ruin paint and corrode metal, causing
a leak. He does a lot of vintage cars and seemed to know what he was talking
about.

Peter
'68 TR250