Buffer Recommendations?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Buffer Recommendations?
From: William Maslin <cwrm4@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 06:17:22 -0800 (PST)
Folks --

I'd like to try to resuscitate as much as possible the
20 year old Carmine Red paint on my TR6. I've achieved
acceptable results by hand with light color sanding,
rubbing compound, and imperial hand glaze -- but at
about a 6" square an hour of progress I think I'll run
out of motivation half-way through doing the hood.

Does anyone have recommedations on a good electric
buffer, and what are the key criteria (e.g. rpm) to
look for when buying one?

When I drive by the cheesy local parking lot detail
shops, those guys seem to be using the "two hand"
orbital buffer, whereas when I see photos of Ferraris
and such being restored those guys seem to use the
buffers that look like giant angle grinders.

Eventually (like in 2-3 years) I plan on tackling a
full frame-off repaint, so want to buy a buufer that I
can use again for that work.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

William