Re: TR250 Propeller shaft spline

To: "Don Malling" <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: TR250 Propeller shaft spline
From: "Greg Dito" <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 13:51:21 -0400
Don,

There is a split steel washer in there that is keeping the two together.
It's no easy to remove it and it looks like both the leather seal and the
steel washer are not available anywhere, at least in the TR parts suppliers
catalogs.  When I tried this I bent the washer and had to buy a used
driveshaft (granted only $3 at Carlisle) to replace it.  I'll have someone
with more experience do this work when the time comes.

Surprisingly, though, the grey moly grease was very clean, and the splines
slid very smoothly so I probably would have left well enough alone if it
were not for the fact that I had the driveshaft parts powdercoated along
with other chassis and driveline parts.

Greg Dito
CD6250L