Re: oil cooler thermostat

To: "Campsmith, Michael" <MGC4@CDC.GOV>, "6-Pack" <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: oil cooler thermostat
From: <trinitygadget@alltel.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 7:18:56 -0600
Michael--I have run with a Mocal 16-row (?) oil cooler for a few years no
without the T-stat. I don't think the T-stat is necessary since at low temps,
the oil cooler design is such that the thicker cold oil will somewhat bypass
the cooling channels automatically.  Also, I didn't want to deal with the
potential that the T-stat would get stuck open/closed. Just use a good
multigrade oil (I brew my own mix of Rotella syn 20W-40, Castrol 20W-50, and a
smigen of syn 10W-30).

Rick O.