Re: Frame coating

To: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Subject: Re: Frame coating
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 17:09:01 -0400
Foster, Stan wrote:
> Also huge fan of Waxoyl, a product I have been using for 30 years. When I
>rebuilt my TR6 about 15 years ago I coated all the closed areas and just about
>everything that was exposed to the weather. I pulled the rear panel out of the
>trunk the other day while messing with some wiring and the Waxoyl I sprayed
>under the rear deck is as good as new. Still sticky after all these years. It
>is also self healing.

I've read some web articles on Dinitrol 3125 vs Waxoyl, and Dinitrol was rated
superior. I have
never used either, but I purchased some Dinitrol from the UK. I couldn't find
it here. It was very
expensive. About $25.00/liter. Considering the price, perhaps Waxoyl is good
enough. The articles I
read said the Dinitrol was worth the extra money, but they weren't paying for
shipping. I may have
paid VAT too. You need to be careful with those guys. I guess I'll know for
sure how good it is in
about 10 years -- or someone will. :-)

But I agree. Protecting the inside of the frame is more important than the
outside. It's harder to
do as well :-)

Don Malling