steering rack mounts

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: steering rack mounts
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 20:42:39 -0700 (PDT)
Friends:

I installed a set of Goodparts solid steering rack mounts this weekend. It was
EXTREMELY difficult to tighten the nuts onto the supplied bolts. It required a
good bit of anti-seize compound to lubricate 'em! After I got 'em on I tried
turning the steering wheel while the car was standing still in the garage.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

All of the slop in the steering is gone. It definitely feels tighter and more
linear ... like, dare I say it - a new car? And keep in mind that I had poly
mounts in the car before the change. I won't get to drive it much because the
car is heading to the paint shop next weekend.

All I can say is if anyone wants to do something to improve the enjoyment of
your car while you tool down curvey lanes, you owe it to yourself to get some
solid rack mounts. They won't make your car faster, but they will make it more
fun.

Jim