Re: Weber v. others

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Subject: Re: Weber v. others
From: James Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 17:07:29 -0400
Thanks for the replies about Weber DGV v. others.  I'm on the hunt now
for some SUs (the Moss sale is attractive, considering the cost of used
plus the rebuild) so I expect the DGVs will soon be available, if anyone
is interested before I go the Ebay route.  From what I've read, this is
more a matter of personal preference than out and out performance.  I
expect that one well versed in Weber tech can extract the best from
them.  I'm more comfortable with SUs.

To those commenting on the fact that my wife made be buy the '73, she
did make me buy it for her, not for me.  We were next to a vendor last
Labor Day at Lime Rock who had this car (and a Jensen, btw) and he spent
a lot of time sweet talking her in to the deal.  In the end, it was not
a profitable weekend for me.  I still own the MGB I was trying to sell
there.