Weber v. others

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weber v. others
From: James Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 12:13:04 -0400
I'm turning my attention to the '73 TR6 my wife made me buy last year.
Just before I acquired it, the PO installed Weber DGVs on it, presumably
as an improvement over the Strombergs.  I prefer the simplicity of SUs
and so I'm considering a conversion.  The Webers have nearly 0 miles on
them because the car wasn't driven since installation, and I haven't put
it on the road yet.  So, they should have some resale value to someone
who prefers the Webers.  There must be opinions on this judging from
what I see at shows.  Any thoughts to share?

I joined this list and have been lurking for a while.  I'm looking
forward to helpful advice that I'm sure to need.  My previous British
orientation is MG and Sprite.

Jim