Mallory distributors and electronic tachometers

To: "'6pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mallory distributors and electronic tachometers
From: "Andrew Packard" <apackard68@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 21:07:33 -0700
Since I went to the triple Webers, I don't have any vacuum advance.  The
mechanical advance isn't even working in my stock distributor.  My local LBC
consultant has suggested the dual point Mallory system sold by Moss.  He has
no direct experience with it, but would like to see me give it a try.  Off
course, there's no drive to spin the tach cable in the Mallory unit, so Moss
has a note telling us an electronic tach is needed with this setup.  I
emailed Palo Alto Speedometer to ask if my original Smith unit can be
changed on the inside to run as an electronic unit, but that was just today.
Anyone have any experience with the Mallory unit and/or an electronic
tachometer in their TR?

Andy

CD6746L