RE: Radiator question

To: acekraut11@aol.com, mgc4@cdc.gov, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Radiator question
From: Dave Murray <murr32@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 12:36:51 -0600
Michael,

I would agree with Aaron, a thermocouple on the thermostat housing of my TR6
showed 150F while the gauge read over halfway.

Dave

<snip>

 [Aaron] Before even looking at fixes for your car running hotter than
normal I would verify that the gauge is reading accurately.
<snip>
Fellow Listers--

  My 1974 TR6 has been running hotter than I would like, even with the
oil
 cooler. I had it out yesterday in the 90+ degree Atlanta heat and even
 on the highway the gauge stayed on the high side of midline.

 I'm contemplating replacing the radiator, which is just about the only
 part that I haven't replaced or refurbished.

 Has anyone had experience with buying a replacement radiator from the
 Big 3? Or are there custom application that you can recommend? I tend
 to drive the car moderate most of the time with spells of spirited
 excess.

 As always, thanks for your collective insight.

 Michael Campsmith
 1974 TR6 (now BRG)