Radiator Question

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Radiator Question
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 05:41:45 -0700 (PDT)
If you decide that the radiator is the problem you can take your old one to
most any competent radiator shop and get it rebuilt.  The shop down here did it
for about $180 6 or 7 years ago though I hear it's around $250+ now.  You can't
tell the difference looks wise from the original.  They use the top and bottom
of our old radiator and put in new high performance fins that are suposed to
dissipate heat better.  I'm not sure but I think they put in an extra row of
whatever you call that stuff with the fins on it making it a 3 row instead of 2
or a 4 row instead of 3.  Whatever it was they did it works great and my gauge
is usually less than 1/2.  I also have an electric thermostatically controlled
pusher fan on mine which no doubt keeps the temp around 1/2 when I'm in traffic
jams in the summer here in Florida.  I'm thinking AC is the next thing on my
list. Anybody have any suggestions?

  MIke Lunsford