Re: To a/c or to not (my TR6)?

To: vance.navarrette@intel.com, jrhauser@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: To a/c or to not (my TR6)?
From: Pimento73@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 12:09:12 EDT
In a message dated 7/10/2006 11:32:52 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
vance.navarrette@intel.com writes:

There  was no such thing as
"factory" air, so the dealers installed various kits  to get AC for US
customers.

This is not entirely true. There was a Triumph sourced dealer installed kit
available for about 2 years - 73 and 74, i think.  This is the one in Al's
ebay auction:   Item #  180005518598
These all had the same interior pieces and the plastic "top hat" piece to
cover the hole in the engine bay cut in the horizontal space in front of the
glove box area. Dealer sourced kits installed in other years will not have the
"top hat" piece and will vary in appearance. When I bought my first TR6 in
1977, there was a 1976 model in the dealer's showroom with a dealer sourced AC
-
 without the hole and the top hat piece to allow the fan to sit higher in the
 car, it intriuded into the footwell so much that passenger's foot space was
severely limited. So instead of paying a premium price for one of the last
new  ones available, I bought a used 1974 that the dealer had with the Triumph
sourced,  better fitting AC kit.

Cheers
Jack Mc