Re: Zenith Stromberg Emissions/Vacuum Spaghetti

To: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: Zenith Stromberg Emissions/Vacuum Spaghetti
From: "Jerry C Shaw" <slowtoaccept@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 19:40:00 -0400
Hi rml

I wrote:
"2) So, since my '75 (and '74) already has no E.G.R. valve (the hole in the
intake manifold has a brass pipe plug in it), the only emissions breathing
will be to allow the crankcase vapors to exit the valve cover to the large
carb ports on each."

Maybe it wasn't articulated well ---I had planned on keeping the crankcase
ventilation to ZS linkages to avoid that problem, ala Goods 3-carb manifold
setup, all three of which are hooked up to the valve cover.

As to the petrol stink w/o the carbon canister, mine sits outside under
cover.

As to blockage of the auto-ignition vacuum line ports, run-on valve etc, I
hear nothing from you that's useful.

I don't care about Webbers, racing nor plan on anything so stupid.

Just simplicity, fewer hoses to break and crack, fewer leaks, fewer things
to maintain in a state that doesn't emissions test 21 year old cars.

If that's ill directed effort, so be it.
jcs