RE: [6pack] Cold start valve

To: "Rick Norris" <rnorris1@swbell.net>, "6-Pack List Serve"
Subject: RE: [6pack] Cold start valve
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 08:17:38 -0700
        Rick:

        You may have the wrong style of cable on your car. There are two
different cables, intended for two different versions of the ZS carbs.

        One version of ZS carb has springs that pull the start valves
closed. These carbs use a "flaccid" style of choke cable. Another
version of ZS carb does NOT have springs to pull the valves shut. These
carbs require the "rigid" type of cable, so that the inner wire is stiff
enough to PUSH the valves closed.

        It sounds like you may have the carbs that require the rigid
style of cable, but you have the flaccid style cable installed instead.
There are probably better technical terms than this... Hmmm. If one
cable is flaccid, the other is "erect"? Oops. Better not go there, or
all male TR6 drivers will feel the urge to get the erect style of cable
just to show how manly they are. Ahem. Where was I?

        If I remember correctly - the early ZS carbs need the stiff
cable, the later style (Commission CF and later?) use the flaccid cable.
Somebody chime in here and correct me if I have that wrong.

        Honeeeeey! Where's the checkbook? I suddenly feel the need to
replace my choke cable...

        Vance