Re: [6pack] Cold start valve

To: John VanNorman <jsvannorman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Cold start valve
From: Rick Norris <rnorris1@swbell.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 12:48:23 -0500
Thank you, John, for the follow up! Those attach points for the choke
cable do seem to move freely and do not appear to be part of the
problem...I don't think. I've observed the motion of the cams and it
seems that they simply stop too soon. I can move them the remainder of
the way, to the full open position, very easily by hand.

As I have been wrestling with a number of issues over a long period of
time, I cannot say for certain that this is a new issue. Previous fast
idle problems were resolved, one at a time, by having rebuilt the vacuum
servo, distributor, and the carburetors. The latter task was one I
undertook so I may be part of the problem. If I disconnect the cables
completely, the cams move quite easily by hand so my focus is on the
cable which may be a red herring.

I'll try to reposition the cable a few times to see if anything changes.