RE: [6pack] Cold start valve

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Subject: RE: [6pack] Cold start valve
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 11:27:30 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 18 Oct 2007, Navarrette, Vance wrote:

>       Rick:

[lots of good stuff removed, and not because of my SPAM filter]

:-)

>       If I remember correctly - the early ZS carbs need the stiff
> cable, the later style (Commission CF and later?) use the flaccid cable.
> Somebody chime in here and correct me if I have that wrong.

I think it's the other way 'round. My '74 (CF14111U) has the stiffie
cable. The early cars had the return springs or at least my sample of 4
would indicate that the early cars have the flaccid cable. According to
the TRF catalog, the switchover was CF12500 ('74 model year).

>       Honeeeeey! Where's the checkbook? I suddenly feel the need to
> replace my choke cable...

Stiffie? Choking?

I don't think we want to go there.

>       Vance

regards (your in SPAM),
rml
p.s. after all this "talk", it's a good ting I quit smoking 24 years ago
or I'd want a smoke right about now!
Consultant            MIT IS&T unix-linux-help |
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489