Re: [6pack] Cold start valve

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>, 6-Pack List Serve
Subject: Re: [6pack] Cold start valve
From: Rick Norris <rnorris1@swbell.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 10:50:59 -0500
Hey, I'm 63 years old! I would appreciate your not using the word
"flaccid" so casually! That's serious stuff!!

Back on point though, I think the cable is the "stiff" (just the thought
brings tears to my eyes) variety and the movement of the valve body
seems to require a bit more oomph than can be provided by the  cable to
go that last half inch or so.  I just read the Reidel article regarding
retrofitting the springs from the older Z-S carbs and that sounds like a
pretty good approach if I can't find a way to make this arrangement work.

I'll have to go back and re-read the article but I think it said the
older carbs used the flexible (much better term) cable along with the
springs that closed the valve.

I had broken one of the little spring clips that hold the cable to the
carb last week so I ordered two new ones, along with some other good
stuff from Moss, which arrived not ten minutes ago so I am off to the
garage to piddle for a while. I'll let you know what arises.

I appreciate your input!