[6pack] Gas Gauge Float

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Gas Gauge Float
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 13:21:55 -0700 (PDT)
I have just taken my gas tank out for examination after living with gasoline
smell and leaking when full for a while.  I planed to take it to a radiator
shop that does this kind of thing but when I pressurized the tank I couldn't
find a leak.  I didn't have enough hands to do a thorough job of this so will
wait until one of my LBC friends comes by to help me check it out with
compressed air and water in the inner tube fashon.

  I also removed the sending unit from the tank and noticed a small amount of
fuel inside the float.  I looked in the Moss catalogue for a new float and it
seems to only be available as part of the Sending unit for $60.00.  Since the
sending unit worked well before I took it out I don't want to spring for the
whole unit and am looking for a way to get the fuel out of the float and reseal
it.  In the distant past we have discussed a fix for this item but I don't
recall what it was.  Can anyone out there give me some assistance with this?
TIA.

  Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR 6