Re: [6pack] ebay

To: "john doe" <rccpl1@yahoo.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] ebay
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 10:48:32 -0800
        Jon:

        This is the experience I went through when getting obscure parts
for the TR6 from eBay. Don't bid until the last minute, because someone
else will just decide to bid more. No point in letting anyone know what
you are up to until the last possible minute.
        Also, don't be surprised if the seller or one of his buddies is
driving up the bids. It has been clear to me for a long time that some
people put things up for sale, and then use another account to drive up
the bids. A clue is that a bidder with 0 feedback is suddenly bidding in
large increments. Frequently this is when there is a reserve on an item,
and the bidding is apparently no where near the reserve. Suddenly a user
with 0 feedback starts bidding in large increments to drive the bids
toward the reserve, and perhaps trying to generate excitement over the
item. I have seen the same 0 feedback bidder bid three times in a row
(essentially bidding against himself) in large increments. Very
suspicious.
        Under those circumstances I stop bidding and walk away. When I
was shopping for a mini and bidding on a car I saw this behavior
repeatedly. I ended up not buying through eBay. Sometimes that is all
you can do.

        Cheers,

        Vance